Scratch Day is a global network of events that celebrates Scratch — and the young people who code and create with it. During Scratch Day, young people and adults gather to share projects and learn from one another.
Information we collect
Account Information: In order to register an event, hosts must register with the Scratch Day website. You need to be at least 18 years old to sign up as a host on this site, because your contact name and email address will be posted online. During account creation, we ask you for your full name, your email address, and your Scratch username (not required). Site visitors will be able to see your name, your email, and your Scratch username once you have published an event.
Event Information: When registering an event, hosts will be asked for additional information about their event, including a specific address. Once the event is published, this address and all descriptive information provided will be public on the event listing to anyone browsing the website.
User-Generated Content: All of the host and event information is stored on our servers. Because we are responsible for maintaining and updating this site, we have access to all content stored on the Scratch Day website, including unpublished events.
Usage Information: When you use Scratch, our servers will automatically store a limited amount of information about how you use the website. This information includes a number that identifies your computer (the IP address), which pages you visited and when, number of bytes transferred, time that takes for our server to respond to your computer’s requests, and what browser / operating system you are using.
Cookies: When you log in as a host, the Scratch Day website asks your browser to put an http "cookie" on your computer. The cookie is actually a small text file that our site can send to your browser for storage on your computer. This allows the website to remember that you are logged in when you go to a different page.
How do we use your information?
- We collect browsing data so that we know who is using the website.
- If you forget your password, we will use your email address to send you a new password.
- We will use your email address to respond to messages you send us or to communicate with you about your event or your account.
- We may disclose certain information we collect to third-party service providers that help us manage communications to and from the website and improve website performance. We are satisfied that these service providers have privacy policies that restrict them from further disclosing any of your information.
- Other than as described above, we will never share personally identifiable information about you with any other person, company, or organization, except:
- As required to comply with our obligations under the law.
- For technical reasons, if we are required to transfer the data on our servers to another location or organization.
How can you update your personal information?
You can update your personal and event information through the My Events panel. You can also reset your password by choosing the ‘Forgot your password?’ link on the Login modal.
If you want to delete your account entirely, please contact us directly.
How do we protect your information?
We have in place physical and electronic procedures to protect the information we collect on the Scratch Day website. We strictly limit individual access to our servers and the data we store on them. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot completely guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.